The Network attended and contributed to the inaugural Mental Health Complaints Commissioner (MHCC) complaints forum, held in March 2018.
You can also read our recently released WMHNV Hospital Experience Survey Report , to further safety for women, as part of responsive and healing mental health treatment and recovery service systems.
What We Do
We are an advocacy, research and workforce-training focused network supporting and empowering women’s lived experience and challenging for change at a systems level.
Who We Are
We are comprised of women consumers, carers, health professionals – any women who are interested in women’s mental health.
- 30 years
- being recognised as a key voice in Victoria for women who experience mental illness and access mental health services
- providing a unique service networking women
- working in partnership with many organisations and government bodies.
- highlighting the experience and needs of women through effective campaigns and consumer empowerment
- bringing about changes in the delivery and structure of mental health services based on a rights framework
- collaboration in wider sector engagement.
- providing statewide Gender Sensitive & Safe Practice workforce training
- driving best practice programs for women
- conducting forums for women’s lived experiences
- developing women’s programs within a co-design framework.