Info for Women in Victoria’s Rural and Regional Areas

Our research has shown that women consumers and carers who live in rural and regional Victoria need better access to information, especially when it comes to local services. The following services are focused on rural and regional areas.

Click on the listed services below for more information.

Community services

ACSO Connect service- referral for mental health, alcohol and drug issues – 1300 022 760

Adult Community Mental Health Service (ACMHS) Albury/ Wodonga – 03 5722 5347

Barwon Health Adult & Aged Community Mental Health Services  – 03 4215 0000

Bendigo and District Aboriginal Cooperative (BADAC)  – 03 5442 4947

Bendigo Golden City Support Services – carer, residential & recovery – 03 5434 2777

Bendigo Health Adult Community Mental Health Services  – 1300 363 788

Loddon Campaspe Centre for Non-Violence – incl. homelessness service – 1800 884 038

Mallee Accommodation and Support Program (MASP)  – 03 5021 6500

Mildura Base Hospital mental health services-community based programs – 03 5022 3333

NEAMI -Community Support Services

NEAMI Forums

Rural Centres Against Sexual Assault (CASA)  – 03 9635 3600

Victim Support Australia – check for Victorian services  – 03 8684 6700

Victorian Mental Health services regional and rural– statewide services

Within Australia (formerly SNAP Gippsland) – Mental Health Community Support Service – 1300 737 412

Professional services

Forensicare – support for family & friends of those in the justice system  – 03 9495 9100

GPs who are mental health friendly  – 02 9382 4530

Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists by location

Statewide rural, regional & metro women’s health services

Victoria Legal Aid  – 1300 792 387

Click here for Print version WMHNV RURAL REGIONAL VICTORIA Info for women

Disclaimer: Women’s Mental Health Network Victoria has exercised due care in ensuring the accuracy of the material contained on this website, the information is made available on the basis that The Network is not providing professional advice on a particular matter. This website is not a substitute for independent professional advice nor is it an exhaustive list.


Nothing contained in this website is intended to be used as medical advice, nor should it be used as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice.

 If you need urgent support please contact your doctor, Or call Lifeline 13 11 14.

Funded by Lord Mayors Charitable Fund